Flaxseed is the seed of the flax plant (Linumusitassimum) and belongs to the family of Lineaceae. It is an annual blue-flowered plant that produces small brown seeds.
Recommended daily intake: To get all the nutrients and fiber of linseed 1-2 tablespoons a day is enough.
• add it to salads, to your yogurt or to milk flakes at breakfast
• sprinkle on top of toasts or slices of bread with honey and tahini, peanut butter etc.
• add it to your smoothies
• add it to the dough (eg bread, bread crumbs, cookies, biscuits, cakes, pizza)
• cook it with your legumes and rice (1-2 tbsp.)
• cold drink: boil 2 tablespoons of linseed soup with 3 cups of water in a small saucepan for 10min. Strain it and squeeze the juice as a drink with honey and cinnamon!
Antonopoulos Farm revives many species of local seeds that are in danger of genetic erosion and extinction, always following organic farming methods. In fact, some corps had disappeared completely for decades and needed serious and in-depth scientific research and a series of experiments in the field: such us buckwheat, flaxseed, millet, asparagus, dicoccum, monococcum, etc.