Cashews are one of the most delicious nuts but at the same time they are a valuable health ally. A handful of cashews contains 20% of the daily recommended amount of magnesium, 30% of copper and 10% of iron. Eighteen cashews have 160 calories and 13 grams of fat.
They are used in salads, rice, pasta, as a snack, in muesli or with other nuts and fruits.
They are considered to be:
• Beneficial to bones, teeth, skin, muscles, eyes and metabolism
• They reduce triglyceride levels
• They reduce the risk of heart disease
• They help the proper functioning of the kidneys and muscles
• Help fight stress
• Contain protein, saturated fat, magnesium, copper, potassium, B vitamins, zinc, phosphorus, folic acid, calcium, selenium, iron, carbohydrates and fibre