Cinnamon (cassia) is known for its wonderful smell and taste.
Research has shown that Cylon cinnamon has antiseptic, digestive, tonic and hemostatic action. Experts have discovered that cinnamon can be particularly helpful in the metabolic processes of people who suffer of type 2 diabetes, as:
1. Cinnamon can increase glucose metabolism, which better regulates the “sugar” in the blood.
2. It has been found to have properties that mimic the action of insulin.
3. Reduces hunger and helps in the sudden rise in blood sugar that occurs after a meal while increasing insulin efficacy or sensitivity.
4. Enhances antioxidant defense.
5. Bioflavonoids containing cinnamon can alter the signal transduction activity of insulin bound to adipocytes.