The tomato paste of Antonopoulos Farm is made exclusively from tomatoes of a local native variety grown organically on the farm.
Before the tomatoes are sown, they are fertilised in the field with green manure using viko. Do not be fooled by the term ‘green manuring’, it is a 100% natural fertilisation method without the addition of any formulation whatsoever. In essence, you sow the vetch, which is then cut and left on the field to decompose and act as a natural fertiliser. This practice rests the field and nourishes it in a completely natural way. In this way we ensure high quality crops, always respecting nature.
• No insecticides and herbicides are used in the field and we do not use any formulations at all, not even the approved organic ones!
• Tomatoes are harvested on the farm 3 times during the summer period as the tomatoes ripen at different times.
• The whole tomato (and seed) is used in the preparation of tomato paste, ensuring full nutrients.
• A rich source of lycopene, antioxidants, vitamins and fibre. Fully compatible with the human body.
• Combine it with farmhouse pasta for a delicious and healthy result.